Sunday, March 24, 2013

This post is supposed to be about Leamington but....

      My last week's mission was to go around our lovely little village (Leamington Spa = village; Oxford = town; London = City; New York = Capital of the Universe according to my husband :-)...), take some amazing pictures and write about famous Royal Leamington Spa :-), but....

      In the middle of the week I left the house with my camera, took a pic of town hall



which is literally across our apartment building and realized that I forgot my gloves. It seemed kind of chilly but I still didn't want to give up. I took another one of a cute little shop. Leamington is full of these little shops, we are still trying to figure out why this place is so posh and how all these great restaurants and shops manage to survive in this little place.  


I realized I needed to go warm myself somewhere. I saw the River Island clothing store and decided to take shelter there. 


You can totally jump to the conclusion that this was the end of my Leamington Spa "photo shoot". 

River Island is a very affordable British brand, the US equivalent could probably be Forever 21. I got a great williamsburgish looking shirt and a pair of skinny grey jeans. This little village is just perfect for shopping. The number and quality of shops is unbelievable. The spectrum is very wide, from very affordable ones like H&M, River Island, Accessorize, Body shop, Top Shop, Gap, Mango, Miss Selfridge to the more posh ones like Ted Baker and unknown (to me) but very interesting ones like Biba


 Later this week Tinkerbell of Laka gave me a great idea how to tweak my new outfit even more with a necklace I got a long time ago in Ohrid, Macedonia. This piece of handmade jewelry has been traveling the world with me and luckily it still looks good considering the fact that any squeeze would give it a new shape. 




While I am completely ready for spring with my new outfit :-) the reality in Leamington Spa is far far from  spring. For the last two days it has been snowing with some crazy winds. Outside activities are not desirable at all. Maybe this will make me do a little research about Leamington so I can give you an update next weekend and answer some questions of my own. This place is packed on weekends and believe it or not you always have to have a dinner reservation for Friday and Saturday nights. Otherwise you are eating frozen pizza at home. We still did not learn the lesson and we called our first choice restaurant on Friday afternoon, which was of course too late. We were able to find a table at Zizzi, which is a chain of restaurants in UK with very good italian food.  We had the best rustica there and a glass of Sicilian wine. 


I would never think that potato can be a pizza topping, but trust me, it's the best pizza rustica I ever had!


  

6 comments:

  1. simpaticno mjestashce... negoo htjela sam ti reci to za krumpir na pici ni ja nikad nisam prije probala, ali vidim u zadnje vrijeme po food blogovima kako je sve popularniji.. morat' cu isprobati =)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preslatko je mjestasce, nadam se da ces sve srediti ubrzo pa da nam dodjete dok smo jos ovdje. A krompir pizza....mmmmm......savrsenstvo......u nekom je kremastom bijelom sosu.....fenomenalno......vodimo vas tamo kad dodjete :-)!

      Delete
  2. I don't think italian people will agree with potatoes on a pizza but anyway, it looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe yes, you have a first hand information :-). I was surprised also but that was the part we finished first :-).

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you now.

    ReplyDelete

FB comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...